Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick Phrases

Been very busy with classes, so here are some quick notes and phrases that are helpful:

お名前は何ですか - O-namae wa desu ka? - What is your name?
私の名前は (NAME) です。 - Watashi no namae wa (name) desu. (remember, last name, THEN first name)
どちらから来ましたか - Dochira kara kimashita ka? - Where are you from?
(PLACE) から来ました。- (PLACE) kara kimashita - I'm from (place).

大丈夫ですか - daijoubu desu ka? - Are you OK?
大丈夫です - Daijoubu desu - I'm OK.
大丈夫ではありません - Daijobou dewa arimasen - I'm not OK.
救急車を呼んで - Kyuukyuusha (w)o yonde - Call an ambulance.
警察を呼んで - Keisatsu (w)o yonde - Call the police.
緊急です - Kinkyuu desu - It's an emergency!
たすけてください- Tasukete kudasai - Could you help me, please?

メニューをお願いします - Menyuu (w)o onegai shimasu - I'd like the menu, please
あの料理をくさだい - Ano ryouri (w)o kudasai - I'd like that dish, please
お勘定をお願いします - Okanjou (w)o onegai shimasu - I'd like the bill, please.
地元料理は何がありますか - Jimotoryouri wa nani ga arimasu ka - What's the local specialty?

どこに行けばクラブがありますか - Doko ni ikeba kurabu ga arimasu ka - Where can I find a nightclub?
どこに行けばゲイの場所がありますか - Doko ni ikeba gei no basho ga arimasu ka - (I couldn't resist this one ;) ) Where can I find a gay venue?

All out of time for right now, got lots of homework to do...but enjoy! ;) Now you know how to find a gay bar. :p

1 comment:

Akumalmusic said...

I just came across your blog. Thank you for for taking the time teach us Japanese.